You are probably already aware of the major things you need to do around your home to get it ready for sale. These include getting rid of clutter ,doing minor repairs, and making everything clean and tidy so that every room is as much of a showcase as possible.
But there are a myriad of little touch ups you can do that you may not thought of before....touch ups that can make a big difference in how attractive your home looks to potential buyers.
Here are just a few:
• Paint or replace the mailbox.
• Add a couple of flowering plants to key areas, such as the
dining room, living room, and just outside the front door.
• Patch up any minor cracks in the driveway and walkways.
(If there is a major crack, consider getting it repaired by
• Put out the welcome mat. Literally! And if it's not clean and
completely free of stains, replace it.
• If you have a stainless steel kitchen sink, clean it using a
special stainless steel cleaner and brightener. The effect will
be dramatic; the sink will look like new.
• Use a special spot cleaner to lift any stains from carpeted areas.
• Replace plain or out-of-style light fixtures in the main areas of
your home, such as the hallway and living room. Without
spending a fortune, you can make a big difference in how
these areas look.
• If your kitchen cabinetry is old, consider replacing the
hardware on the doors and drawers. That, along with some
touch-up paint or varnish on worn areas, can make your older
kitchen look young again.
The great thing about these ideas is that they don't cost much to implement, and you can probably do most of them in less than a day.
Want more tips on making your home appealing to buyers ? Call me today at 416.804.2274 or email me at email@example.com.